To decide on their point of view and support it efficiently throughout the paper, students must begin with investigating and studying all aspects of the given problem. For their further argumentative topics, they should choose only several sides of the subject. It makes it possible to make an educated stance in the end. The second step involves gathering evidence which is made of facts, statistics, observations, and expert claims in the field of the discussed question. When the topics are comparatively new and rather debatable, the students are encouraged to conduct in-depth research on their own. They have to come up with their own evidence for the argumentative essay’s proof and main argument. Thus, convincing evidence is the primary goal of an argumentative paper.
Whenever you face difficulties with writing an argumentative essay or choosing relevant topics, contact experts writers online to get fast and cheap help.
How to Choose Good Idea and Essay Topics?
Argumentative paper should motivate readers to:
- Read it from cover to cover
- To take part in discussion
- To debate
Thus, the topics should be chosen respectively. You may conduct research to find the most appropriate and popular subjects for your further controversial paper if the tutor does not assign you one.
If you wish to write persuasive, argumentative essays worth “A,” selecting proper topics demands much consideration. You should think about something recently discussed in the society. People tend to read those papers from cover to cover that are dedicated to the up-to-date problems. Choosing such topics will also save a plenty of time and nerves. As soon as you start your research, you’ll find a plenty of primary and secondary sources to apply. Another brilliant idea for your debatable paper is to choose one of the emotional themes. When you appeal to the audience’s emotions, you have more chances to receive feedback. Besides, an emotional investment is the time-tested method to change anyone’s point on various topics.
Pick One of the Offered Argumentative Topics to Succeed
Simple Topics (School Level)
- Should adolescents be required to get parents’ permission to buy contraceptives?
- Should the amount of alcohol sold be limited per one person?
- Should high school education be mandatory?
Middle-level difficulty (Argumentative Paper Topics for College)
- Are there any reasons for justifying military intervention?
- Should family members respond to the criminal actions of their children?
- Should student’s GPA predetermine his further education?
Complex Argumentative Essay Ideas
- Was the last presidential election fair?
- The impact of career choice process on applicants
- The Difference Between Moral and Non-Moral Issue
Joking Argumentative Paper Topics
- Should the authors of funny cat/dog videos be paid on YouTube?
- What is the worst movie in the world?
- Should students believe every word in an infomercial?
General Argumentative Samples Ideas
- Violent video games should be prohibited
- What are cultural differences in management?
- Should we forbid abortions?
- How should scientists that use animals for research purposes be punished?
- Cloning is not legal nor ethical
Computer Science (IT-related) Essay Subjects
- Are some Google services doing right when they increase privacy and safety concerns for users?
- Violating copyright rules: how should we fight?
- Should YouTube feedback be controlled?
- The internet today is too much commercialized and dangerous.
Legal Argumentative Ideas
- Is gun control an efficient way to minimize criminal activity?
- Should the death penalty be made legal?
- The book titled “12 Angry Men” reflects democracy with its consequences
- Should governments ban same-sex marriages?
- Is smoking in public places really legal?
- Society is turning too over-regulated
- Legalization of marijuana does not make any sense
- The production of tobacco should be downsized
Ecological Essay Topics
- Cross-cultural marriages kill racial discrimination
- Females tend to show less criminal activity than males
- Distant education is as effective as the traditional one
- Violence in the media has a negative impact towards our kids
Society and the Media
- Media impacts the women's’ beliefs of the body image
- Violent computer games lead to school violence
Structure of an Argumentative Essay
How to Apply Connection Words When Composing an Argumentative Paper
No matter which topics you work with, transition words/phrases make all parts of the paper stick together and function as a whole. They correlate various ideas and opinions.
|Addition||In addition; also; and; as well as; equally; furthermore; along with; similarly; too|
|Comparison||In reality; in fact; despite; although; in spite of; regardless; besides; but; otherwise; whereas|
|Cause or Goal||As/so long as; with this in mind; when; unless; in case; in view of; only/even if; lest|
|Samples or Evidence||Truly; by all means; for example; especially; to point out; in other words|
|Results or Effects||Due to the fact that; as a result; for this reason; in effect; in that case; therefore|
|Conclusion/Restatement||In conclusion; to sum up; so summarize; after all; in the end; as shown above|
To conclude, writing an excellent argumentative paper on any topics is a complex and long process, which, however, can result in a valuable experience and a set of new skills. Just follow the guidelines provided by this article and keep to the main writing rules such as English grammar, formatting, and other elements. Each time you feel unconfident with some writing assignment, you may find the examples of good topics or buy a full academic essay written from scratch here.
Seeking professional writing guidance? – This is just the right place!