Need to write an academic paper? Before you get started, you should make a plan for your actions. First of all, you need to identify the objectives. Then, brainstorm ideas on what research problem you should solve within the research process. Then, it’s time for data collection and writing itself. When the paper is ready, you should present limitations in research. Do you hear about study limitations for the first time? It doesn’t matter whether you are going to write a standard academic paper or complete a dissertation; there will be certain limitations.
Few writers find it easy to discuss limitations in research. One of the reasons is that they don’t know how to present limitations so that the reader still thinks that the study is valuable. Do you feel confused because you don’t know how to acknowledge research limitations? Entrust your study to professional custom writers. They have completed hundreds of papers that included the section with the discussion of study limitations. We know how to tell your readers about the limitations in the best way. They will have a clear idea of the scope of limitations and their influence on the final result.
What Are Research Limitations?
Why don’t all academic papers include limitations? It’s due to the fact that not all writers understand what is meant under the phrase “research limitations.” These are impacts that the writer can’t control. They may arise because of various factors. Among them are such as the shortcoming of the design, the chosen research methods, insufficient information on the topic, etc. It’s essential to mention all the possible limitations in research. Don’t think that it’s your weakness to point out the limitations. Vise versa, you should demonstrate all of them for the reader to know that you are aware of all the possible influences on the outcome.
Why Include Limitations in a Research Paper?
“What if I don’t point out the limitations in my study?” You’d better discuss them on your own rather than reviewers, and other researchers notice the weaknesses of your academic study. A discussion of research limitations is vital for a good paper. This chapter will add value to your research. Believe it, researchers who are interested in your research problem will appreciate it if you are honest with your readers. There is no need to hide any limitation. Show that you have extensive knowledge of the study topic and understand how each limitation may influence your findings.
Common Research Limitations of the Dissertation
It’s possible to identify several common dissertation limitations. Check them to know what you’ll face when completing a dissertation paper.
- A too broad formulation of your study goals. One of the most common problems is the wrong choice of the objectives. Remember that the scope should be neither narrow nor broad. Choosing the right level of the focus is the key to success. The formulation of the objective shouldn’t be broad; otherwise, you won’t be able to reveal the topic to the full extent.
- The wrong choice of samples. For example, you had to conduct a survey, but you couldn’t get as many answers as you needed, or you couldn’t reach the potential respondents in the necessary area.
- Small sample size. You are unlikely to get trustworthy study results with an insufficient sample size. Take into account that the sample size may influence the datum.
- No sufficient datum on the topic. A literature review is a must before you get started to set the right objectives. A possible shortcoming is the lack of information and top-quality previous research on the investigated topic. In case you have faced such a problem, you should be ready to work on a completely new typology of your research.
- Wrong tools were chosen for the data collection. At the end of the academic research, you may understand that you’ve chosen the wrong techniques to achieve the goal. It’s natural, taking into account that you don’t have much experience in doing such work. Many writers reread the paper and see that they could do better if they chose the right methodology. For example, it was possible to consider some literature aspects from another perspective. What to do in such a case? Don’t start panicking! The best solution is to address potential problems and provide information on how this shortcoming can affect the finding. Take care of the acknowledgment of other researchers. They should be aware of all the missing points when they continue investigating the same research topic.
Conclusion: How to Organize Limitations Best
There is nothing difficult if you know how to discuss limitations in your study. There are 3 steps you should follow. First, name all the research limitations. Secondly, give a clear and concise explanation of those limitations in research that have an impact on the final outcome of the research. And, thirdly, you are recommended to address future researchers and tell them how you see possible variants of the further in-depth study of the topic. If you follow these tips, your work won’t lose its academic value, and you’ll build direct contact with the reader.
Do you lack time to discuss certain shortcomings? We will come to the rescue whenever you need to review some literature sources and conduct academic research. Our competent specialists will compare all the study findings and define the contemporary effect of each limitation. Want to meet the expectations of your potential reader? It’ll depend on how in-depth the topic is revealed. Focus your attention on the final objective, and let us contribute to your success. We’ll include the chapter with limitations and make your paper valuable for further studies in a certain research area. The lack of experience can be considered one of the study limitations. So, entrust research to top experts and submit a dissertation with the best implementation of the data collection method.